If you are attending an appointment at one of our practices, please read the following information carefully.
- Missing your appointment or cancel with short notice means that valuable treatment time has been wasted. You must tell us straight away if you cannot attend and at least 5 days before your appointment.
- In accordance with our policy, if you do need to reschedule, we can only offer one further appointment. If you decline or fail to attend your appointment without informing us, you will be discharged back to your dentist where a re-referral will be required. This may result in further referral fees.
- There can be a wait due to the nature of the treatments (up to 2 hrs in rare occasions). Our staff will do their best to keep you informed.
- Your treatment will be performed with local anaesthetic. PLEASE NOTE: This service does not provide IV sedation or general anaesthetic; for this your dentist will need to refer you to the hospital.
- Please download and complete the medical history form to bring with you. (We will have one for you if you do not have the facility at home.)
- If you take any medication please ensure you also bring your prescription with you; without the full list of your medication we will not be able to carry out the treatment.
- Please ensure you arrive on time as we cannot guarantee the surgeon will see you if you arrive late.
- Our clinicians will aim to complete treatment on the day of your visit, however, this may not always be possible for reasons such as multiple tooth extractions and complications discovered during assessment.
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule you appointment, you can
- Use the online form link below, or
- Text us on 07786 201815 (SMS text only)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us directly
- (NB. If you are rescheduling, we will provide the earliest next available appointment, which may be up to 2 months ahead.)
Please use the links below for more information:
We look forward to seeing you.
Visiting Specialist Services Ltd